- Site Feedback
- IDEA Sites
- Digital Freedoms
- International Justice
- 2012 Presidential Debates Guide
- Asia Youth Forum
- Big Apple Cogers
- Debate Changing Europe
- Debate in the Neighborhood
- Debating and Producing Media
- Debating the Future of Youth in Africa and Europe
- Dialogue without borders
- Digital Debating Blog
- Free Speech Debate
- Global Youth Forum
- Global Debate and Public Policy Challenge
- International Public Policy Forum
- Online Mentoring
- Securing Liberty Series
- Youth and Sports Mega-Events
- League of Young Voters
Effective Datе: 31 August 2012
The Global Debate and Public Policy Challenge (the “Challenge”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This Privacy Statement describes the Challenge’s policies and procedures on the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. If you do not agree to be bound by this Privacy Statement, please do not use or submit any information to this website.
This Privacy Statement incorporates the Challenge’s Terms & Conditions. We strongly encourage you to review the Terms & Conditions.
Collection and Use
The Challenge gathers two basic types of information through the Site: “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information”. Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual; that is, your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, profile information and user name. Non-Personal Information is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal specific identifying information about you.
The Challenge collects your personal information in a variety of ways. Much of this information is provided directly from you. For example, when you provide us with your name, e-mail address, country of origin, and other information.
The Challenge is being organized by the International Debate Education Association (IDEA), which is a network of independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organizations established to promote, organize, and sustain debate activities throughout the world. IDEA Central Foundation is the main organisation in the IDEA network responsible for the Challenge.
Cookies and Other Technology
The Challenge, or the partner organizations conducting the Challenge, will not sell or rent your personal information under any circumstances. In addition, it is not our policy to share or disclose your personal information without first receiving your express permission, subject to the following exceptions:
- The Challenge may disclose your personal information to third party service providers that help provide services on our behalf.
- The Challenge may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in its good-faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- The Challenge may disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others, in its good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our Terms & Conditions, respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties, or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of, as appropriate, the Challenge, its users, or the general public.
- The Challenge may take your personal information and aggregate it with other users’ information (so that it is anonymous and does not identify you) and present the statistics to potential donors or use such information for other purposes related to improving the Challenge.
Reviewing, Changing and/or Deleting your Personal Information
You may request to review, change and/or delete any personal information you have on file with us at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Our Policy towards Children
The Challenge does not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not register with The Challenge or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If you are 13 years old or older, we still recommend that you obtain your parental or guardian consent before providing your information to us. If you believe that we have collected information from a child under 13 years old, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice Regarding Security
The Challenge seeks to have security measures and tools in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as perfect security in an online environment. As a result, we cannot, and do not, guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with this website or that the Challenge stores on our or our agents’ systems.
Third Party Sites
This website is controlled and operated by the Challenge from the United Kingdom, and is not intended to subject the Challenge or any of its partner organizations to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of Belgium, the country where IDEA Central Foundation is established. The Challenge does not represent or warrant that this website or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access this website do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
Please be aware that we may transfer any Personal Information that we collect through this website to countries, including the United States, that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. By using this website, you consent to such transfer of your Personal Information.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement. We recommend that you check this website from time to time as we may revise this Privacy Statement. The most current version of the policy will govern our use of your information and will always be at http://gddpc.idebate.org/legal/privacy. By continuing to use this website after those changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Privacy Statement.
The Challenge is committed to your privacy. If you have any questions about how we got your email address or about how we use your information, please contact email@example.com.